Most electronic devices consume energy even when turned off (called "standby power" or "vampire power"), wasting electricity & increasing utility costs. The A/V PowerSaver 4 helps solve this problem, utilizing the "Master/Power Save" concept of energy conservation.
When the A/V PowerSaver 4 senses the "Master" device (TV, computer, etc) is turned off, "standby power" to the devices (DVD player, A/V receiver, monitor, printer, etc.) connected to the "Power Save" outlets & devices is automatically shut off, saving electricity & energy costs!
- Surge Protection - Instantly (less than 1 nanosecond) protects against damage from power surges/spikes - up to 1080 joules
- X3 MOV (Metal Oxide Varistor) Technology - Newly designed with improved materials for improved surge protection - Diverts power surges/spikes through the ground line.
- Safety Shutdown Technology - Thermal fuses shut power off to the system, protecting against fire and other damage
- High-Frequency Capacitor & Choke Coils - Combine to provide maximum reduction of AC line noise interference - up to 48db
- Master Outlet (1) - Main outlet - controls the "ON/OFF" status of the "POWER SAVER" outlets
- Power Save Outlets (2) - Power saving outlets - power automatically turns ON/OFF according to Master Outlet's device status
- Always On Outlets (1) - Continuously powered for devices needing constant power
- Combo Phone (RJ11) & NETWORK (RJ45) Jacks - Provides protection against surges on either phone or network lines
- DSS/Coaxial connectors (gold-plated) - Provides protection against surges on cable TV, DSS, and cable modem equipment with minimal signal loss (less than 0.1 dB)