8K 1x3 DisplayPort 1.4 to DisplayPort MST Hub Splitter - Plastic
*macOS does not support MST function and will only mirror the displays
**Requires GPU / graphics card to support at least 3 external displays to use all 3 DisplayPort ports at the same time with extended mode
***Requires USB 3.0 power source of at least 5V/600mA
Adding additional displays to your system is simple with MST Hubs; however, they are mostly dependent on and tied to your Graphics Card’s capability to operate properly. Make sure your system requirements are met before purchasing an MST Hub. Below are some key requirements for our MST Hubs. Please contact us if you’re not sure before making your purchase.
1) Make sure your DisplayPort or Mini DisplayPort is DP v1.2 or later. This is the most important criteria. If you’re unsure, check with the video card or system manufacturer.
2) macOS does not support MST function and will only mirror the displays.
3) Install the latest drivers for your video card. Go directly to the system/video card manufacturer or chipset owner, such as AMD, Nvidia or Intel, to find the latest driver. Driver update through Device Manager may not retrieve the latest driver available.
4) MST hubs cannot increase the number displays a video card supports. Regardless of the number of display connectors built into your video card, each video card has a limited number of displays it can support. From our experience at the current time, AMD and NVIDIA video cards support up to 4 displays, while Intel supports up to 3. If you’re unsure, check with the video card or system manufacturer. Note: AMD RX560 / RX570 / Radeon 7200 Series video cards only support up to 2 displays
5) Refer to our bandwidth table to make sure additional displays can be accommodated. It’s important to note that if you use a 4K monitor to display in 1080p, there’s a possibility that the link still gets 4K bandwidth and reduces the overall bandwidth for the other displays.
6) To connect HDMI, DVI, VGA monitors to our DisplayPort/Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort MST Hubs, use ACTIVE converters.
7) The Microsoft Surface “Dock” is not compatible with Mini DisplayPort MST Hubs and should not be used when the Surface Dock is connected. Our Mini DisplayPort MST Hubs will work when directly connected to the Surface tablet/book.
8) These Microsoft Surface products are compatible with our Mini DisplayPort 2-port MST Hubs: A) Surface Pro 2, B) Surface Pro 3, C) Surface Pro 4, D) Surface Book. *Note: Surface products only support up to 3 displays total, including the Surface screen.
Need to Know Before Buying
* Note: macOS® currently does not support MST function will only mirror displays
Frequently Asked Questions (Q&A)
Yes, it can connect to an All-in-one PC, but, please refer to our notes before buying, there are some limits need to know.