Connecting the power connector on USB 3.0 host adapters
Applies to the Following Products:
- DP SuperSpeed USB 2-Port PCIe (JU-P20412-S2)
- DP SuperSpeed USB 2-Port PCIe i/e (JU-P20512-S1)
- DP USB 3.0 4-Port PCIe i/e (JU-P40212-S1)
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 2-Port PCI Express - Value (JU-E20011-S1)
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Bay Hub+Host Kit (JU-H40411-S1)
- 4-Port USB 3.0 PCIe (JU-P40412-S1)
- DP 4-Port USB 3.0 PCIe with 20pin Header (JU-P40511-S1)
There is a power connector on my USB 3.0 host adapter, is this connection required?
This is connection is optional. The USB host adapter will work with or without the power connected. However, we recommend this connection if your USB devices are not recognized by Windows, if your devices lose connection to Windows at random times, or if you will connect devices to all the ports at the same time.