Driver installation failed in Windows 8
Applies to the Following Products:
- DP SATA II PCIe (SC-SAE012-S2)
- eSATA II PCIe i/e (SC-SAE212-S1)
- eSATA II PCIe Pro (SC-SAE412-S3)
- SATA II PCIe RAID (SC-SAER12-S2)
- eSATA II 2-Port ExpressCard/34 (SC-SAEE22-S1)
- eSATA II ExpressCard (SC-SAE512-S1)
We will have an updated driver for Windows 8 shortly. In the meantime, please follow the quick installation guide to install Windows 7 driver in your Windows 8 system.
Please note that the Windows 7 driver does not pass Windows 8 Microsoft WHQL certification, so please follow the steps belows to disable driver signature before you install the driver.
1. Click Settings at the desktop.
2. Click Change PC Settings.
3. Click General.
4. Scroll down, and click Restart now under Advanced startup.
5. Wait for awhile, then click Troubleshoot.
6. Click Advanced Options.
7. Click Startup Settings.
8. Click Restart.
9. During reboot, select option 7, Disable driver signature enforcement.
10. Reboot again. When Windows resumes, install the driver.