Keyboard is typing wrong characters
Applies to the Following Products:
- Wireless Ultra Slim Multimedia Mini Keyboard (JK-WR0612-S1)
- Wireless Mini Multimedia Trackball Keyboard (JK-WR0412-S1)
- Wireless Multi-Touchpad Mini Keyboard (JK-WR0312-S1)
- Wireless Ultra Slim Mini Keyboard (JK-WR0512-S1)
- USB Mini Multimedia Keyboard (JK-US0312-S1)
- USB Ultra Slim Mini Keyboard (JK-US0512-S1)
- Wireless Bluetooth Mini Keyboard (JK-BT0112-S1)
- Wireless Slim-Duo Keyboard and Mouse Combo (JK-WR0H12-S1)
Your keyboard comes with a numeric keypad embedded into the main keypad. The numeric keypad is controlled by turning on and off the Num Lock key. If your keyboard is typing numbers and other characters in place of the letters u, i, o, p, j, k, l and m, use the steps below to disable the numeric keypad (turn off Num Lock).
Most system turn on Num Lock during boot up. In this case follow the steps every time you boot up/restart the computer.
1. Press and hold down the Fn key (function key).
2. While holding down the Fn key, press the Num Lock key.
To enable the numeric keypad follow the steps again.
To disable the computer's Num-Lock-Enabled on boot up feature, the BIOS setting can be changed. Read your computer's reference manual or contact your computer's technical support department to change this setting.