Q: Why do I lose my additional monitor when my computer wakes up from sleep mode in Windows?
The steps below outline how to configure the USB root hub to stay on during hibernation, to
prevent this from happening.
Windows 8 / 10
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key + X and select Control Panel
- Click Hardware and Sound, then click Power Options
- Click Change plan settings for the plan you want to change
- Click Change advanced power settings
- Click the plus sign (+) next to “USB settings” and “USB selective suspend setting” to expand the
options and change the setting to Disabled
- Click OK to apply the setting
Note: You may need to disconnect and re-connect your USB display adapter after applying these settings
to re-establish the connection