Soundcard troubleshooting tips
Applies to the Following Products:
- DP SoundWave 5.1 PCIe (IC-510111-S2)
- DP SoundWave 4 Channel PCI (IC-400012-S1)
- SoundWave 5.1 PCI (IC-510012-S2)
- SoundWave 5.1 PCI-LP (LP-000022-S2)
- SoundWave 7.1 PCI (IC-710012-S2)
- USB SoundWave 7.1 (CE-S00012-S2)
- USB SoundWave 7.1 Digital (IC-710112-S1)
- USB SoundWave 7.1 Pro (CE-S00022-S1)
1. Soundcard not recognized by Windows.
2. Sound have a painfully high-pitched whine.
Try the tips below in the order that they appear to fix your issue.
1. Make sure you have restarted Windows after completing the driver installation.
2. Move the soundcard to a different PCI/PCIe slot or USB port.
3. Check all cables for damage and connections for a tight fit.
4. Use the included driver CD to reinstall the driver.
5. Download the latest driver from SIIG website and re-install the drivers.
If your issue has not been resolved after trying all the tips you may have a defective product. Please return it to where you purchased it from. If you can't return it to your place of purchase, SIIG will repair or replace it under manufacture warranty. Please go to the link below for SIIG's warranty/return policy.